Subject: Convert Midi on a Mac
From: Jeff Bradshaw
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 17:12:16 +0100

On a Mac you can import and play your .mid file in the "Beatnik Editor"
(headspace.com) while in the record mode in SoundEdit 16. Once you've
recorded it, you can manipulate it from there. Beatnik adds quite a bit to
the web/sound experience (not a plug), making most .mid files listenable as
the format was originally designed to create very small files to trigger
synths with there own internal sound samples. Remember, it's tempting to
"borrow", and the web has tons of .mid files, but it's a better policy to
create your own or use "royalty free". Just my three cents, a marble, and
some pocket lint.