Subject: RE: Projector...
From: John Dowdell
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 00:04:44 +0100

At 1:52 PM 5/28/98, Andrew Timberlake wrote:
>Is there no way you can allow a get URL to open a browser and goto the
>website without exposing a users computer?

Maybe I'm missing something, but if the goal is to distribute a playable
Flash file on a floppy or such which the user can doubleclick, and they'll
see Flash, and then a button in Flash can take them out onto a website,
then....

... why not put the SWF and an HTML file on the floppy, and have them
doubleclick the HTML? This will open their browser, and the HTML shows the
SWF, and then when the Flash button is clicked they're already in their
browser and will go where you wish.

In other words, since this scenario already requires a browser, why not use it?

Or is the design actually somewhat different from what I'm visualizing...?

jd

Private email options: http://www.macromedia.com/support/priority.html
Entertainment on the web: http://shockrave.macromedia.com/
Luscious web graphics: http://www.macromedia.com/software/fireworks/