Subject: RE: HIGH Quality PNG files
From: DGL
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 08:25:41 +0100

Argh, I guess it might not be looking to hopeful then. I'll try those
things you suggest in the morning (very late right now). But from reading
what you say, I think it looks like it's a double compression issue that I
can't avoid.

I'll keep messing with it though, thanks!

>dgl

This means that at least some of them are compressed before they get to
Photoshop, which can be difficult when later compressing again in Flash.

In the previous post you said they were "grainy and blurry". That could be
one way to describe double-compressed JPEG. Another tipoff might be if
there were small rectangles seen in the image.

jd