Subject: Re: FLASH: How to preload movies !!! Urgent
From: John Croteau
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 16:36:54 +0100

Hi Logu,

> Actually I have 2 movies
> in the 1st movie I have a movie with 4 scenes it it..........
> what I have to do is , I have to check whether all the 4 scenes have
> been loaded and also I have to check whether the 2nd movie is also
> loaded....
Sort of depends.
How much of the 2nd movie needs to be loaded?
If the answer is all then you should change the movie into a movie clip
inside the first movie. Otherwise, you have to check the loading status
in the second movie and relay via Tell target. And/or you could keep
rechecking via Tell target whether a point in a movie has loaded.

Combining the two could be fairly easy or quite difficult depending on
the reasons and parameters you need to preload.

Don't forget that 'If Frame is loaded is not the only method of
preloading. Another technique is just putting everything you need
preloaded in a Movie Clip since everything in a movie clip has to be
loaded before it will start playing. Hiding symbols and sounds in early
Movie Clips is another way to preload.