Subject: FLASH: Sophisticated Preload II.
From: Ujvary, Bela Istvan
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 12:54:54 +0100

Hi,

Thank everyone for yesterdays answers. As I was continously thinking, ( Am
I great or what?) here are my additions to the subject of sophisticated
preload:

According to Your contribution > preload sequences displaying what is
actually downloaded are evidently lying about it and they only faking it to
arouse a secure feeling in the viewers.

OK. I have an idea by which a kind of "Sophisticated Preload" (All rights
reserved. :) ) can be achieved. But the whole idea is based on the
assumption that a flash movie is loaded frame-by-frame and an actual sound
/ symbol / etc. is loaded with the frame first referencing to it. If so, then:

What if, to the very start of the movie -just after the preload frames-, I
create a frame where I put all the sounds in, and another with all the
symbols. So that I can check if these frames are loaded. (Loading sounds,
all of them are loaded, the preload sequence simply skips these frames (Go
to and Play ...).

Am I right? Is the foundation regarding the loading method (flash file
format > item sequence?) is correct or I can flush the whole thing and
bugger off with my annoying ideas?

Yours,

Silver

The past is present in the future.