Subject: Re: FLASH: Hello I'm a newbie
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 20:37:14 +0100

At 06:15 AM 5/6/99 -0400, you wrote:
>My name is Elaine and I am new to Flash. I have a certification in HTML 4. I
>have seen the work you guys do and it's incredible. How would I get started
>learning Flash? I have downloaded all the versions of it. Where can I find
>tutorials? How long does it take to learn?
>
>Elaine

hi Elaine and welcome to the list.

Newbies are quite welcome here but you are smart to seek tutorials and
other learning aids as well. There are lots of tutorials; a number of them
are included in Flash, others are often referenced on this list.
FlashCentral.com and Macromedia have good tutorials and pointers to other
tutorials. Be sure to download the Flash manual in pdf format from
Macromedia, too. While far from perfect, it is about as deep as any of the
available books on Flash.

As for how long it takes to learn: however much time you have to spend!
you should be producing some simple animations and buttons in a day or two,
but the potential is unlimited. I am learning as fast now as I did a year
ago. If you enjoy a mix of artistic creativity and logical thinking,
you'll love it.

Marc Hoffman