Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash Check
From: Jayma
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 18:37:11 +0100

Hi Ken:

>My portfolio page intro at Photocola.com
>
>http://www.photocola.com/mm/kyoung/index.htm

Didn't load the first time on Mac 7100/G3 140MB RAM OS 8.5.1 NN 4.08.
Clicked on home, then hit the back button, and loaded the second time.

on IE 4.0 got an applet error: closing... never got the swf at all.

>Blues Society...just started adding flash content
>
>http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~mrkite/index.htm

NN 4.08

My monitor was set for 832 x 624.

I changed monitor res to 1024 x 768 and the pop-up window was too small to
see the whole image. I tried reloading, same effect. The bottom 1/4 (?)
of the starting image was cut off. (Note: There was no resizing handle
for the pop-up, it was locked w/out scroll bars)

After viewing both sites, I am not sure of the reason you wanted to
separate monitor resolutions.

IE 4.0

The pop-up was still too small, but there were scroll bars. But again, as
with the other site, no flash. I have the plug-in, but it isn't detecting
it. I can only think this is an error in the code.?

Also, in IE... your transparent gif in the pop-up window is ghosting in
1000s of colors.

Hope this Helps.

Jayma