Subject: FLASH: need to "test Movie" to see rollovers work?
From: Chris Burke
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 05:28:23 +0100

John,

you wrote:
>A partially corrected version of your FLA (CB2.FLA) showing the above is at
>FC's Anonynmous FTP site. It will be removed in a few days.

Thanks for the corrected file. One really can't ask for better assistance.
The text bitmaps were there because I started doing this with
HTML/Javascript and decided to experiment with Flash after. I had the
bitmaps, so I used them figuring I'd replace them later.

I got the rollovers to work after I fixed the buttons so they had no button
symbols in them (as you and Cheri recommended), _and_ after I realized that
I had to "test movie" in order for the rollovers to work. Is this normal?
The buttons would not send me to the labeled frames on rollover, just on
click, in the FLA. This seems odd, since on-click works in the FLA. Is this
a quirk of my setup?

If anyone could let me know about that, I'd appreciate it. Next up for me
is to test the get URL function for playing swa's or QT audio outside the
Flash movie in a hidden frame as suggested by Marc.

/Chris