Subject: Re: FLASH: Something new (for me)
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 15:19:48 +0100

At 06:58 AM 5/10/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi folks...
>
>I'm doing an "online tutorial" for one of our products. The thought that
>I'm having here is:
>
>Can I create 1 movie, duplicate it all 30 times (yes, 30 different pieces of
>information), replace the specific key assets and then use Tell Targeting to
>perform whatever I want to make each piece play?

You are probably better off making 30 movie clips than 30 movies. Reason?
So they can share a library for those symbols that don't vary from clip to
clip.

First make the prototype movie clip, with all its associated symbols. When
you are done, go into your library and duplicate those symbols that need
variations, giving the copies smart names like "Narrator 1," "Narrator 2,"
etc. Then modify the symbols as needed for each clip. Then edit each
clip, changing the instance definitions for the symbols that need swapping.

One note: just be as sure as possible that the original clip is exactly as
you will want it, so you don't have to make more changes than necessary to
the 29 copies.

Marc Hoffman