Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash: Linux shockwave plug-in problems
From: John Croteau
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 20:47:13 +0100

Hi Laura,

> I have a friend that is trying to view flash sites on a linux machine, and
> can't get past the 'loading plug-in' thing. Every site he tries hangs
> immediately after it attempts to load. Anyone else using this or have any
> ideas? He updated both the version of NN he's using and the shockwave
> player, in hopes that would help, but it didn't :(.
You might have him try the alternate plugin for Linux from Olivier
Debon, at last check it had less support for Flash 3 than the MM version
though.
I also have a link to the Readme for the MM Linux plugin which hasa list
of known bugs but it doesn't include your friend's symptom.
http://www.FlashCentral.com/Tech/OpSys/Index.htm