Subject: FLASH: weird bug
From: John Brzys
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 19:33:48 +0100

while creating a presentation in flash, I came across a weird bug.
I am building a demo in flash that mimics a user interface of a software
package our company is developing. In some of the menu animations
we have the words "Analysis" and "Delete". when I tested the movie, the two
words
in question were jogged over to the left about 5 characters every place that
they were used alone
in the movie. I've replaced and retyped them in the movie and they still
jogged to the left. I created
the words as symbols and placed them in the movie and they still jogged to
the left. I edited the text
to read a different word and they did not jog to the left. when I retyped
the word again "Analysis" and
tested the movie the word once again jogged to the left. Finally I broke
apart the text in the edit symbol
work area and tested it, - worked fine. I also tested different fonts
(verdana, tahoma) with the same weird results.

these bugs only appeared in the exported movie and test movie windows. they
do not show
up in the edit mode. also, I have an FS command for full screen set to true
in the first frame.

I wonder what other words might have the same weird bug associated with it.

Pentium PC
windows NT SP3
128 ram
jbrzys