Subject: Re: FLASH: fuulllll time!
From: Sienna
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 02:16:31 +0100

Congratulations Lisa! Scary decision but worth it and I'm glad there's a
few of us on this list doing the same thing. (especially women) It kind
of gives you hope that perhaps you arent crazy for leaving the structured
work force to follow your dream.

I have a tip for you if I may. Don't trust everyone out there who wants to
team with you. I made that mistake because I was new in the field of being
in business for myself and I wanted to contract out work that I wasn't able
to get done on my own. Every tom dick and harry came out of the woodwork
wanting to provide their services and I figured .. why not?

Well, to make a long story short, if you have to sub contract any of your
work, check out each company or individual thoroughly! This includes their
reputation with their clients, their business practices, etc. We lost
business by contracting to someone who turns out to be despised by the
business world. The would be clients flat out told us why we lost the
bids...Because of our sub contractors.

Remember, whoever you do business with will reflect on your business even
if you're independent of them.

Good luck and have fun.
Sienna