Subject: Re: FLASH: The model agency thing
From: Brad Yarhouse
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 14:01:47 +0100

Glen,

Well spoken.

I understand peoples fears, but having worked in the web/interactive design
business for 4 years I know that there are times when extra effort is
neccessary to show capabilities. When you design for and interact with
people you never meet there sometimes needs to be validation of intent and
capabilities. On the same token a company should expect to also make a
good faith move by offering a percent of the payment inadvance to show they
are also willing to take a risk.
You made many valid points, thanks for not ducking for cover.

-Brad

Glen Wrote:
>About the model agency gig,
>
>Some explanation here. First of all, I am surprised that so many attacked
>me and my offer without knowing anything about me, the work, the company
>behind the offer, etc. It was like giving bad critique of a book without
>reading it. I dont feel that I have to defend myself, because there is
>nothing to defend as I did nothing wrong (maybe it was unusual), but since
>some people on the list obviously had a problem, I�ll try to explain.......

R. Brad Yarhouse http://www.yarhouse.com/
Fusionary Media http://www.fusionary.com/
(616) 454 2357