Subject: Re: FLASH: question about importing
From: John Croteau
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 03:50:34 +0100

Hi Justin,

> Yes, know I understand that I can Import Illustrator Files and such vector
> formats into flash and have done so with great ease. But once in, is it
> possible to edit the drawings? It's almost like the imported vector art is
> treated as a bitmap, and goes throught the same horrors of image compression
> in the final .swf file instead of the nice crisp, clean vector rendidtion.
> Am I saving on the wrong format, or is this just a wish of many Flashers?
Imported vectors normally come in grouped. you can double click on them
(possibly multiple times) to edit in place or you could just ungruop
them and edit them when they are back to basic drawn vector elements.
Note, while you are ungrouping you may want to move some groups to other
layers before completely ungrouping all the layers of the groups. It is
not uncommon to have many nest groups which I remove on import not only
to be able to edit them but also to reduce file size.