Subject: Pterodactyl Animation (was: Re: FLASH: bird animation)
From: Larry Eisenstein
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 04:38:29 +0100

Ugh

Would this work on my platform?
I'm using CaveWall BC. My OS is MyCrowSloth -99,000
I am behind a firewall but I don't know how to make one! Anyone know where I can find some?
I'm waiting for Lightning Flash 4.0 to start a brushfire nearby.
BTW Marc what time is this weeks human sacrifice? I heard it's going to be some survey guy in the next Adobe.

Larry Ugh

At 01:23 PM 5/20/99 -0400, you wrote:
>...I'll keep the keyframe animation since it's
>a pteradactyl

A pteradactyl???? Cloe!! And you said it was a bird. Well, that changes
everything.

1) You will need to begin by renaming your layers. Bottom
layer=Pleistocene. Next layer=Mezozoic. Etc; you get the idea.

2) Now, go into your drawing tools, select the pencil tool, and here's a
little-known feature in Flash: while holding down ctrl+alt+right shift
button+F7+left tab button +home + the right curly bracket, click on the
pencil tool. You will see a chisel option. Without lifting up on any of
the keys, press E for Enable (you may need to use your nose for this
shortcut). Your stage will now convert to faux limestone.

3) Let go of the keys, shake it out, and switch to the arrow tool, which
will now have a few new options beside the normal Smooth and Straighten --
namely, the Mammoth, Bison, and Dinosaur recognition icons. Choose (you
guessed it!) the Dinosaur recognition button

4) Revert to the pencil tool, which will now resemble a chisel, and start
chiseling away. Don't worry about being too precise, Flash will take care
of all the details. Just be sure you get the scalloped wings, which is
what Flash uses to recognize it as pterodactylian.

5) Create a second keyframe down the timeline a ways, and select
Frames>Modify>Tweening. Choose the PA option (Prehistoric Animation) and
Flash will do the rest.

Good luck, and let us see the results please.

your friend,

Marc Hoffman