Subject: Re: FLASH: Opening a browser from a Mac projector
From: Chad Hofheins
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 18:55:11 +0100

Simon,

Just noticed this e-mail-- haven't checked the list lately-- hope this
isn't too old for discussion.

I am working on the ame problem now. I have the PC .bat thing down but as
much as I hate to admit it I am having trouble with doing the same on mac.
Flashlite.net has some stuff about writing Apple scripts to open a browser.
I have set up AppleScripts for the user to select the browser they want to
use and another to open a .html file in an already open browser but I
having a hard time passing the info from script 1 to script 2 so I open the
html file up in the browser they select. Anyway the URL below is a starting
point. If anyone else has any info, it would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.flashlite.net/help/cd/f3/mac/p1.html

>Dear all,
>
>I would be very grateful if anyone could answer a query I have. Is it
>actually possible to launch a browser from a standalone Macintosh projector?
>
>I have managed it from a Windows one but not from the Mac version and my
>client is demanding a definitive reply.
>
>I'd be grateful even if the reply is a dead cert no.
>
>cheers all + many thanks for your time.
>
>Simon Mills

Peterson & Company

Graphic Design