Subject: Re: FLASH: puzzle?
From: Marc Hoffman, Poison Dart Frog Media
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 15:28:06 +0100

At 01:56 PM 5/27/99 +0200, you wrote:

> Hello flashers
>
> I've just looked at the site: www.hvn.to. Great site by the way. In the
> "gallery" section there is a game called "summer greetings". It is a puzzle
> game with three possible solutions: The penguins, The fish and the face. Once
> you've turned each of the images the right way, the movie plays a movie clip
> that fits with the image you've just created. How is this possible?

I could not find the game. The interface was very confusing to me; I kept
clicking on what looked like "summer greetings" and it kept opening successive
windows but no game. Is there a direct URL for the swf you're talking about?

Not sure what you're talking about, but it sounds as if they use a movie clip
to keep score. See the scoring tutorial at Flash Central. For each right
answer, the scoring movie clip advances one frame. When they reach the magic
number (three problems solved, in this case), the movie clip has a frame action
that TellTargets the "winning" animation. Or that animation could just kick in
as part of the scoring movie clip when it advances the correct number of
frames.

Marc Hoffman

marcatdartfrogmedia [dot] com (mailto:marcatdartfrogmedia [dot] com)
Flash3 Portfolio: <http://www.dartfrogmedia.com/sampler>, featured
in Flash 3 Web Animation, by Ken Milburn.