Subject: RE: FLASH: to the king of flash 4!!! (was: alcazar)
From: Kevin Jackson
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 19:22:55 +0100

We could all probably go on for days about the lack of
professionalism that Pieter has showed but he is still learning. I'll
cut him a break. My guess is he is very young and obviously full of
himself. Many of us were like that then, too.

Being an old timer myself, I agree with the old adage that "the
admittance of ignorance is the first step on the path to
intelligence."

Sometimes the posts are a bit on the condescending side. Those are
only opinions though. You could get 10 designers in a room and get 10
different opinions (None of them valid or invalid because of where
they come from) You and your customer should decide what works for
you and with an open mind (Previous phrase VERY IMPORTANT) listen to
critcism (especially when you asked for people's responses). You may
find that you learn something. Some people might criticize you
solely, because you did things in a way they wouldn't have but they
are probably as insecure as you are. Most criticism of a site is done
by telling people why something else would be more effective, or that
another approach might be better. Keep your mind open and you'll
learn alot here. Keep responding as you have and no one will pay
attention to you other than to rip on you.

Some people hate MACs - others PCs. Some love 3D - some hate it. Some
like chrome - some don't. Some people will criticize you for the
macarena and the music. Some might even want to see you incarcerated
for it, but if it works for you and the customer it's ok.You get the
idea. But when you ask for their opinion, it is Valid-no matter what
they say. You've learned to use the program. Now if you can get
control of your personality, you will probably grow into someone that
can make a contribution on the list. One last clue, those who say
they know everything generally know very little.

The opinions expressed above are mine,

Kevin Jackson
kjacksonattriskelian [dot] com