Subject: RE: FLASH: Professional behavior? RE: FLASH: Alcatraz site
From: Olwage, Pieter
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 11:53:04 +0100

Sorry if I offended you or any member of this list Tirah.
I just got all frustrated with the army of
"hop-on-the-bandwagon-let's-hang-on-this-topic" people on this list. I am a
BIG Macromedia fan ever since I first s Gabo's site about a year ago and
thought that I'd join this list to learn more and to offer my help, instead
I got mud flinged from all the intimidating old timers of this list and
labeled as the "new" kid with somming to proove.

I am sure that companies do not respect that attitude - but - if it waz up
to me I would rather employ people that fight for the company's right and
stand solid on their hind feet. To employ people is all and all another
issue - and I did not come to this list to get employed by anyone. I came to
this list helping a person and giving that person my URL - then the
vendictives got hold of it and told me in these words ---> "YOUR SITE SUX"
<-- what they think of it. I did not for one second ask for a crit or to be
compared to Gabo although I borowed a concept from his samples page to which
I freely admit... If Gabriel was to read this - I would sencerely like to
thank him for pioneering the full page full flash site - ditto to eye4U and
Matinee. I would also like to thank Gabriel for his insperasion to many
Flashers out there and the Professional manner in which he presented Flash
to ALL of us.

To me that site is a way of living - continuously tweeking and modifying it
to make it a more exciting experience for the people that do like it. I
spend hours think of new ways to go beyond Flash3 - and the NEWS of the new
Flash 4 really inspired me a lot!! I can not wait to buy a copy of it!

Despite the negative feel on this list I will continue to answer people that
need help and refrain from responding to those out to pick fights and thrive
on it. You would not say it - but i hold a national deploma in PR and
Communications ... Just that on the web you get to deal with a lot of
different people ... even those saying without blinking an eye that you
"WORK SUX"... and that after you did not even ask or invite them to look at
it...

It is really sad to think that these people can not stand on their own feet
and build somming similar to Alcazar, GaboCorp, Matinee or even eye4U to
give back to the community, they rather sit there in their lil offices and
through mud at other people.

I am working on a new release of my site. Well not really a *new* release
as such 4 the old one is not really done at all and NOT ready for a lame
crit.

This new site will still use the gabo concept though and will link to Gabo
thanking him for the idea. I really do want every hole of that site to
shine and be perfect or near perfect. It does take a lot out of one to
build a site like that ... and believe me there is not one day that I am not
thinking of how to increase both effectiveness and efficiency on that little
600k file (got it down to 300 k now and still down sizing NOT loosing a bit
of effect).

Thing is that this site was NOT intended as a client site at all - it is
directly out of my mind and what I saw on GaboCorp - it is a reflection of
me and what I find nice and intrueging - I get a lot of good feedback from
it - and bad feedback too...

Funny how the actual designers where the worst of all... seeing that we are
not building sites for the designers BUT for the public :|

I know that aggression leads to more aggression and will end this lame net
war from this side with this e-mail for good...

Kind Regards
DJT - Pieter

---------