Subject: Re: FLASH: IE Detect, again
From: Russell E. Unger
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 16:30:01 +0100

> Russ, I'm a bit confused.. don't you WANT the plug-in to be detected on IE?
> At any rate, I got the .swf on two visits each using IE3.02 and Netscape
> 4.04 (P166, NT4.0, T-1)

Hi Jim...Thanks for the look-over.

The problem seems to be in IE4.x versions. I certainly *do* want the plug-in
to be detected, but I keep either pulling up a .swf that doesn't work (the THIS
ISSUE button doesn't give the "drop down" menu in IE), or one that appears to
be a static .gif.

More than a little troubling, ya know?

> (nice beginning, can't wait for completion)

Thanks! It's a great magazine that is in Chicago, New York and will be in San
Francisco by end of the year.

Russ