Subject: RE: FLASH: Just Back From UCON 99
From: Judy Miller
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 16:35:12 +0100

> You might want to check out the new Dreamweaver Attain (should be
> out soon,
> a month?). The engineers have abstracted the layers issues between
> brwosers. So if you make your layer content with DWA, you will
> not have to
> worry about designing for two (or more) browsers. ANd it used to sell for
> around $800 bucks, but now it will sell for $99. It is worth it, by far.
> This tool will save yo so much time if you are trying to build
> interactions
> with DHTML.
>
> RobK

Hi Rob,
First of all, thanks for the wonderful news. Good to know. I have
Dreamweaver Attain , bought it for $500 with Authorware 5. I also bought
Dreamweaver 2 because I wanted the templates feature. Oh that Macromedia
company, they get so much of my money LOL....or should I cry?
Is that the full version for $99. That is absolutely mind blowing, and I
wonder if it will upset some people who dished out 500 or 800 bucks in the
first place.

Now, have you heard anything about Flash 4 support in Authorware?? I believe
the Authorware community is feeling rather neglected these days. They only
have Flash 2 support now, can't even take advantage of alpha support. It is
rather odd. Authorware has alpha channel support for the first time, yet
only can import Flash 2.....

thanks again,
Judy