Subject: Re: FLASH: site check (yet another)
From: Debbie Hildreth
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 17:50:57 +0100

Edward,
Cool idea to put poetry in flash! Since, my primary background is in English
and in Creative Writing you have given me some inspiration to Flash my own
stuff.

I like the idea and the concept, but I do agree with Jayma about the whistle to
some extent. I did not blast the volume so I did not have the scared me
effect, but it was somewhat jarring. I would say play with the sounds and
think about what you want to stand out on the page -- the effects or the
poetry? I would look to the power of the poetry first and have the sounds be
very background, subtle.

I kind of liked the black background until Nigel suggested the midnight blue
theme. Although I believe that in the depths where subs dwell the water really
isn't colored at all and is more of a black. Any way, I think the Midnight
Blue might also work well.

The one thing that kind of shook me was the choice of the color graphics of the
inside of the sub. I wasn't sure why those were there. I get a real feeling
of isolation from the poem and the color kind of takes that away. Is this what
you have intended?

Villanelle -- Many Kudos for writing in form!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The villanelle is
a very beautiful and fluid form. You did a good job. I would suggest a little
retooling of your line "way down deep in under the water." The line kind of
sticks when I read through it, perhaps remove the in?

Cool.

Deb

--
Debbie Hildreth
Web Developer

Paulo Freire : Cultural Action for Freedom