Subject: Re: FLASH: Question about Load Movie and Tell Target
From: Dorian Nisinson
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 04:43:52 +0100

Hi Judy,
I use two criteria to decide whether to use load movie or tell target.

Tell Target has the advantage to keeping an entire project in on neat
package and is my preferred method unless the file size is really huge
or I need ease of editing on a site that may have to evolve frequently.

On a site that has to be fairly large, I tend to use load movie. I
break the content up into multiple movies and load them as their content
is requested by a visitor. If the visitor to the site is going to go to
one area and not another, I would rather save them the download time for
things they are not going to see. Additionally, this can make edits and
changes to a section of a site easier and faster. so if I need ease of
editing and to keep the download times under a certain length I use Load
movie.

Dorian Nisinson

--
Dorian Nisinson Design
dorianatbway [dot] net (mailto:dorianatbway [dot] net)

FLASHCENTRAL.COM -- The Source for Flash Information
http://www.FlashCentral.com/

Flash Tell Target Tutorial
http://www.bway.net/~dorian/TTtutor.htm

The Flash Fortune Teller
Ask and you shall be answered!
http://www.bway.net/~dorian/FortuneT.htm

http://www.bway.net/~dorian
Flash Design, Graphic Design, Illustration,