Flasher Archive

[Next] - [Index] [Thread Index] - [Previous in Thread] [Next in Thread]

Subject: Re: FLASH: Trivia Game
From: Marc Hoffman, Poison Dart Frog Media
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 23:42:57 +0100

At 02:55 PM 5/31/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Make a movie clip numbered 1 through 15 (or whatever) and make its alpha at
>0%.
>Everytime a number is guessed correctly, make a TT action that tells the MC
>to go to next frame and stop.
>After the last question make the MC appear by changing alpha to 100%.

Sorry, Rusty, but I don't see how this can be done. First, how would you
tell the MC to change alpha? And if you could, you'd need to give it a new
instance, which would reset it to frame 1. But you could obscure the MC
with something on top of it, and if that something were in a frame of
another MC, telling that second MC to play could be a way of removing the
obscuring graphic.

Marc Hoffman

marcatdartfrogmedia [dot] com (mailto:marcatdartfrogmedia [dot] com)
Flash3 Portfolio: <http://www.dartfrogmedia.com/sampler>, featured
in Flash 3 Web Animation, by Ken Milburn.