Subject: OT: RE: FLASH: flash play differences between win and mac
From: Joe Shoults
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 15:37:53 +0100

Yes, I can disagree.
That's just the Darwinian way it is. There is no right or wrong. It's just
business. Place yourself in the position of these developers and look at
your bottom line; you have limited resources, and you have to make choices
on what is going to net you the best return on investment of those
resources. Sentimentalities and user complaints about OS equity have to be
put aside in favor of overall product feature advancements. Look at
Macromedia Authorware. AW started out as a MAC app. Then corporate America
went 95% PC. Why continue to develop AW for MAC? So they dropped AW
COMPLETELY from the MAC platform in version 5. It's not Macromedia's fault
that Apple let Microsoft run the market. Apple could have cut MS off at the
pass back in the 80's but chose not to do so.

Unless...are you suggesting that some government should step in to correct
for Apple's marketing and licensing mistakes of the past? Yeah maybe that
would work. Have the government step in. They always fix everything.
Maybe now, developers will have a zillion different platforms to develop
for, and product development cycles will slow down to a crawl. But BOY OH
BOY, we'll have all those platforms to choose from!

Joe