Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash crashing Mac
From: Catherine Kunicki
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 16:22:39 +0100

I have one flash file which was open when I had a bad system crash. That
file - although it opens - is corrupted and will reliably crash or freeze me
if I attempt to use it. Copying the frames and pasting them into a new movie
solved the problem. I was able to open the original as a library for
transfer into the new movie.

however... (MacFixit.com and AOL MacOS Forum staff dress uniforms ON.
atten----HUT!)

rebuild your desktop. run Nortons, or Tech Tool or Disk Tools. Or all 3.

even with extensions off you might be loading a 3rd party driver for a
tablet, joystick or something anyway. Disable all 3rd party (non apple)
hardware. Turn all extensions off in the extensions manager AND hold the
shiftkey down when booting.

turn off appletalk and disable any ethernet and file sharing. trash your
flash prefs. you might need to re-enter your reg# after you do this though.

is flash installed on your main drive, or are you running it from a second
drive or a jaz or zip? Iomega is a classic culprit for this kind of problem.
routine scsi voodoo shouldn't be ruled out either.

also, check your startup items. Often something unwanted will load there -
the aol scheduler, the old shockwave remote.

another thing to look at is virtual memory and your available drive space.
If your drive is full you could have problems.

try changing your monitor settings to thousands or 256 and see what happens.

the fact that flash loads and runs but then crashes after a while leads me
to believe its not flash but something else in your setup.

catherine

>From: steveatfuse-media [dot] com
>To: flasheratchinwag [dot] com
>Subject: FLASH: Flash crashing Mac
>Date: Wed, May 3, 2000, 10:10 AM
>

> It is the wierdest thing. I launch flash, work for a little while,
> then BAM! The damn thing crashes my machine. I tried running it with
> the extensions off and got a bus error. Someone gots a clue?

flasher is generously supported by...