Subject: Re: FLASH: Technotes thoughts
From: Matt Wobensmith
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 18:52:25 +0100

Hi Cheri!

You wrote:

> we might be inclined to search the technotes more
> often (maybe....) if they were a little bit more "frazzled-developer"
> friendly.

I really appreciate this feedback. This is part of my job.

You know, we really do try to get the right keywords into those so that they
are easier to find. I know that this is not always the case.

I'm constantly updating these, trying to correct this. I totally understand
the frustration involved when looking into a problem, and the
"frazzled-developer" perspective is in fact an important one.

When pushing a TechNote live, we try our best to think of all the words
associated with it. Unfortunately, we can't possibly think of all the
possible keywords to use. Some are just too general, while others aren't as
easily described.

The best way I can approach this is to appeal to you and the group. If you
searched for a TechNote, and were not able to find it by keyword, and you
feel this keyword should be added, email me directly. I will evaluate this
feedback and update the TechNote's keywords if this helps people.

After all, the TechNotes are no good if no one sees them! :>)

Thanks again for your help, and I hope we can work on this together.

Matt

Matt Wobensmith
Macromedia Tech Support
Flash Team Lead