Subject: Re: FLASH: CD Rom production - Director is so bogus
From: Michael Greenberg
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 14:31:09 +0100

But xtras can be made cross platform especially authoring xtras which can be
done in dxrs or more commonly now dcrs. On the MOA (Macromedia Open
Architecture) side of the house, it is pretty robust as far as what can be done
via your fav C/C++ app (ie Code Warrior).

But I do agree with what you are saying Branden. Director executables are way
more complex as to what is complied inside of them.

One thing I never understood though is why MOA was never integrated into
Flash,but then again that is why swf is open source.

Guess I answered my own question on that one:) I guess I have just become
accustomed to the Xtra environments in MOA as they apply to Director and
Freehand.

Also to JD's prior point. Director and Flash are 2 totally different ball games
and I guess you need to use both programs in a regular basis to have a true
appreciation for what is under the hood. I don't mean this in a negative sense
whatsoever. I am just saying if you use both programs with regularity you will
have a true apreciation for what they do:)

Oh well...open source for swf still rocks:)

Thanks,
Michael

flasher is generously supported by...