Subject: FLASH: Re:Flash:sound question
From: Ilia Pasymansky
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 16:43:40 +0100

Hi! thank you for the solution

you wrote:
>then a couple of
>extra blank frames just incase.

I am trying to get perfectly looping sound and if i add those blank frames
it will not work.,
besides.. i don't know why, but, my sound loops perfect in Soundforge and
any other player besides SWF.. there is a millesecond delay each time when
it starts to loop..
so i was trying to work around this problem.
The next thing i need is: --this sound is loops , but, when user push the
button this sound nicely fades out.
So i duplicated my first sound MC and applyed fade out effect on this second
MC and make it loop only once.
But! if i use stop All sounds command and then trying to play my second MC i
obviously have a drop in first sound ..
hope sombody can give me a nice solution how to make it work.
Thank You
---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Robert Bleeker wrote:
Hi Ilia,

The sound will not stop until you use the action script:
"Stop All Sounds"
There is a setting in the sound tab about stopping a particular sound but I
have never worked that one out.

What I end up doing is make the sound MC (call it "sound1") a streaming
sound.

ie. The first frame has nothing but a "stop" action (call it "stop"), then I
make a keyframe in the third frame (call it "play") and there is where I
select the sound i want to play and make it a "streaming" sound. Now i add
blank frames untill I see the end of the sound waveform, then a couple of
extra blank frames just incase. Add another keyframe right at the end and in
that keyframe I have an action "stop" or 'go to and play "play"', depending
if you want to loop the sound.

now, as long as the MC is on stage you can call:

Tell Target "/sound1"
Go To and Play "play"
End Tell

and when you want to stop it :

Tell Target "/sound1"
Go To and Play "play"
End Tell

Try that.

RObert

on 11/5/00 11:38 AM, Ilia Pasymansky at iliap75athotmail [dot] com wrote:

> Hi
> simple sound question :
> i have only looping sound on MC with two frames Stop and Play.
> (sound loops on the play frame)
> now.. why is sound continue to play when i go to the stop frame or even
> when i go to the different place in the main movie when i don't have this
> /soumd MC on the timeline...???
> Thank you.

flasher is generously supported by...