Subject: Re: FLASH: Pausing
From: Laura Mollett
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 00:05:20 +0100

> just tested it
> they are the same :(
> Layer#0:
> Variable_level10:whatever="5540"
> Variable_level10:whatever1="5540"
>>it's a watch, keeping a constantly changing value in microseconds.
> amaizing! in this very microsecond flash execute all the events in this
> frame
> put even 20 variables , stop, play on the same frame they would be the
> same..
>
> Ilia

Hmm, this is interesting... it appears that the timer actually counts from
32, or it takes the first number it gets and then counts in 32 or something
of that nature. I have a slow computer and I'm sure that's part of the
difference. I was testing this in a movie with a lot of images (with tons of
curves) on the frames, requiring a lot of processing speed. Since you posted
this, I've been playing with it in a movie with nothing else in it at all.

In a single frame movie, with nothing else in it whatsoever, with this code
in one frame action:
Set Variable: "whatever" = GetTimer
Trace (whatever)
Set Variable: "whatever2" = GetTimer
Trace (whatever2)

the output the first time I test movie is:
48
128
(or something of that nature)

and everytime I test the same movie without making a change, I get two 32s
for the output. I guess the first time it runs, opening the output window
seems to be making it take some time.

If I add a calculation between the two set variables, like:
Set Variable: "whatever" = GetTimer
Trace (whatever)
Set Variable: "test" = (2/3)
Trace ("test")
Set Variable: "whatever2" = GetTimer
Trace (whatever2)

I get things like:
32
0.666666666666667
176
48
0.666666666666667
32
32
0.666666666666667
32
48
0.666666666666667
192

with some, but not a lot of variation. I guess some things take more time
than others, and once it's done it, it's faster? I dunno. But they certainly
don't invariably come out the same for me, especially on the first time it's
called (well I think that's because it's opening the output window).

Laura

flasher is generously supported by...