Subject: FLASH: Re: flasher-digest V1 #3033
From: Bill-Fox
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 15:15:00 +0100

Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 13:54:04 +0100 (BST)
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Chris=20Stowell?= <chris_stowellatyahoo [dot] co [dot] uk>
Subject: FLASH: Transparent backgrounds in .swf file

Hi

Am I missing something, or is it impossible to have a flash file with a
transparent background?

I'd like to have some animated text in an HTML layer, preferably with a
background with 25% alpha, but full transparency is fine too, or an embedded
flash button over a backgound image in and HTML table.

I've tried using a background colour in the movie that has 25% alpha, but
when
I publish it as an HTML page in Flash 4 I loose the transparency.

Any ideas or am I stuck with doing the whole page in Flash?

Thanks

Chris

Chris
You must create an HTML document that activates the movie and specifies
browser settings. You can use Publish to generate the required HTML document
automatically.

Window Mode (Windows only) Sets the WMODE parameter of the OBJECT tag, which
lets you take advantage of the transparent movie, absolute positioning, and
layering capabilities available in Internet Explorer 4.0. This option works
only in the Windows version of Internet Explorer with the Flash Active X
control.

Window sets the WMODE parameter value to WINDOW and plays a Flash Player
movie in its own rectangular window on a web page. This setting normally
provides the fastest animation performance.
Opaque Windowless sets the WMODE parameter value to OPAQUE. Use this
setting if you want to move elements behind Flash movies (for example, with
dynamic HTML) and don't want them to show through.
Transparent Windowless sets the WMODE parameter to TRANSPARENT. Use this
setting to make the background of the HTML page on which the movie is
embedded show through all the transparent potions of the movie. Animation
performance might be slower when you use this setting.
Bill Fox

flasher is generously supported by...