Subject: Re: FLASH: Animation
From: Michael@BTW
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 23:06:10 +0100

>From my reading of this your dealing with Flash's method of controlling
objects in the timeline rather than drawing techniques? In that case, yeah,
Flash is pretty lame at animating multiple connected objects (ie standard
child-parent animation as seen in most other animation programs). If that is
the case, I'd take a look at Adobe's Livemotion and/or Lostmarble's Moho
(http://www.lostmarble.com/moho.html), both of which allow for more standard
animation techniques (hierarchical timeline, moho even has bones!) and
output to swf.

Hopefully, child-parent object linking, joints, and the ability to aninmate
childed objects on the main timeline will be added to F5, I've requested it
anyway...

> hey- i'm pretty new on the message board, but I was
> wondering if someone could give me a couple hints on how to
> animate figures, specifically, humanoids with 2 legs, 2
> arms. i've been converting eyes/leg/leg/arm/arm/head/torso
> to symbols, but then if i want motion tweens it takes *so*
> many layers and so many keyframes just to get a small
> animation that i'm sure there has to be a better way. so,
> if anyone could help me out, i'd really be appreciative. I
> know this is kind've beneath the level of most of you guys,
> but I don't know any other way to learn it.
> thanks in advance,
> Ellis Creel

=====>
Michael Penney