Subject: Re: FLASH: Fixing height and width in a swf
From: Marc Hoffman, Poison Dart Frog Media
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 14:55:45 +0100

At 02:07 AM 5/23/2000 , you wrote:
>Hi all...
>
>Is there a way of either fixing the height and width of a stand alone swf
>file?
>
>My problem is that if a swf is played in stand alone mode and then resized
>either on the h or w the stage area expands and the background appears this
>tends to give the game away, particualy with bar animations (where the ends
>become visible) or stuff waiting to come on stage.
>
>My boss seems to think he has seen swf that don't do this, is this possible
>or is it a case of extending the animation stage limits.
>
>I know how to set this in html is it possible for the stand alone swf or
>player?
>
> Mark

Apply a frame action in frame #1. There are a number of FS Commands for
Stand-Alone projectors; they are included in a drop-down list when you
choose FS Command in the Frame Properties > Actions dialog. You would want
either:

FS Command: AllowScale arg: False
- or -
FS Command: FullScreen arg: True

The first prohibits the user from altering the dimensions of the movie.
The second eliminates the title bar and makes the player full screen. If
you use this option, you should have a Quit or Exit button in the Flash
with the FS Command: Quit, otherwise the user may be confused about how to
exit (actually they can exit by pressing esc or control/command+Q, but who
knows this?).

Marc Hoffman

Poison Dart Frog Media
Flash portfolio: http://www.dartfrogmedia.com/portfolio

flasher is generously supported by...
World Animation Celebration - Big Internet Animation Pow Wow Discount Offer

Register before May 25 mention flasher and save 25%!! www.wacfest.com

Be discovered, get a job or have your web series picked up. A big talent search for Shockwave
and Flash animators is happening May 30-June 4 in Hollywood. Featuring Rob Burgess, Matt
Groening, Brad Bird and more. www.wacfest.com