Subject: Re: FLASH: General role of Flash in webdesign...
From: ComposiMo
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 13:19:25 +0100

> Another example
> is the instant access to the content of a web site: in html I press a
button
> then I have to wait
> until the server is connected the page loaded .... in flash, due to its
> streaming, I press a
> button and instantly get the page. I do

As a side note to your view on web design, i have created my flash site to be
more like an html site, but only in the way it looks. I have had several
people Email me after visiting the site telling me how fast it is, simply
because they did not know the difference. I only use on true piece of
animation within the site, and it is at the very beginning. Now, to most
people this site may seem very simple and understated, and it doesnt put
flash to its best use, but i found that i am getting a much better response
from my customers with this website than i ever did with my old site, which
use a ton of flash4 effects, such as scrolling menu's, animated buttons,
etc... Check it out, I'm sure it will fall right into what you are saying
about simplicity and fast loading. http://www.digitalrodder.com

Regards,

John Ward
www.DigitalRodder.com

flasher is generously supported by...
World Animation Celebration - Big Internet Animation Pow Wow Discount Offer

Register before May 25 mention flasher and save 25%!! www.wacfest.com

Be discovered, get a job or have your web series picked up. A big talent search for Shockwave
and Flash animators is happening May 30-June 4 in Hollywood. Featuring Rob Burgess, Matt
Groening, Brad Bird and more. www.wacfest.com