Subject: Re: FLASH: opening quicktime player from browser flash
From: Michael@BTW
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 21:40:37 +0100

QT player can only be opened from an embedded QT. You need to export a movie
from Flash with a get url for the QT as QuickTime, and embed this in your
html page.

To mix QT and Flash in an html page, you need to put them in separate embed
tags, for instance in tables. I made a test version of such with an animated
flash frame in separate tables with a QT embedded in a table in the center,
however the processor load of running both plugs at the same time was too
much for most machines;-(.

Even with a simple Flash animation and an autoplay QT, the QT jumps around
while the Flash anim. is playing (you can see the trouble on
http://www.bigtimeweb.com/comic/comic.html, for instance.)

> Hello-
>

> I have two questions:
>
> 1. How do I make a flash based page in a web browser open a quicktime movie
> in the quicktime player?
>
> 2. How do I make a quicktime video clip play in the flash page being shown
> in a web browser?
>
> Thanks a ton,
> _______________________________
> Ernie Dambbach
> FlagWeb.com - Creative Internet Solutions
>
> www.flagweb.com

=====>
Michael Penney
Sharpener of the Cutting Edge
BigTimeWeb.Com

flasher is generously supported by...
World Animation Celebration - Big Internet Animation Pow Wow Discount Offer

Register before May 25 mention flasher and save 25%!! www.wacfest.com

Be discovered, get a job or have your web series picked up. A big talent search for Shockwave
and Flash animators is happening May 30-June 4 in Hollywood. Featuring Rob Burgess, Matt
Groening, Brad Bird and more. www.wacfest.com