Subject: Re: FLASH: Newbie Question..
From: Willem van den Goorbergh
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 10:37:34 +0100

>I have created a button in a mc. when the mouse is over the button
>and click
>(press), I want to show a piece of text in the center of the mc. upon
>release of the button, the text will fade away.
>can someone help me, if possible please point me to a tutorial to
>create
>this.
>
>thank you for all those that help and take time to read this. thank
>you

Bruce,
I suggest the following solution:
Create another MC with the text (MCtext) with an empty first keyframe
labelled park, your text in the second keyframe labelled start and
the same text some frames away with it's alpha set to zero. Create a
motion tween between these last two. The number of frames in between
determine the speed of your fading.
Name an instance of MCtext MCtext_1

Now assign the following action to your button instance:
On (Press)
Begin Tell Target ("/MCtext_1")
Go to and Stop ("start")
End Tell Target
End On
On (Release)
Begin Tell Target ("/MCtext_1")
Play
End Tell Target
End On

This should do the trick provided that MCtext_1 is on the main
timeline and available.
http://www.moock.org has great tutorials.
HTH,
Willem

Geografiek is a Dutch, Utrecht-based map and chart design company.
Willem van den Goorbergh can be contacted by telephone:
(+31)30-2719512
or by telefax: (+31)302719687
Visit our website at: http://www.geografiek.nl
Take a peek at our FLASH site under construction:
http://www.geografiek.nl/test2000

flasher is generously supported by...
World Animation Celebration - Big Internet Animation Pow Wow Discount Offer

Register before May 25 mention flasher and save 25%!! www.wacfest.com

Be discovered, get a job or have your web series picked up. A big talent search for Shockwave
and Flash animators is happening May 30-June 4 in Hollywood. Featuring Rob Burgess, Matt
Groening, Brad Bird and more. www.wacfest.com