Subject: Re: FLASH: Barneys.com
From: Michael Dunn
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 23:41:42 +0100

on 5/30/00 2.51p, Jason White wrote:

> Let's start with the positive...The images are kinda cool for the
> different sections...
>
> ....But as others have mentioned...the constant slow motion is kind of
> like water torture, only in a browser. The little maks/overlays that
> go over your menus are the real annoyance. Kinda like an animated gif
> ad, only slower and it requires a plug-in and sits in the middle of
> the page. Also, it never took me anywhere really. You click on
> 'contemporary' and it just resets the animation...that doesn't impress
> me.

Firstly, hope no one thought this was my site. No way. I'm guessing Joshua
Davis, et al did it. (y'know, praystation).

Secondly, I wanted to know if anyone got as annoyed with it as I did before
I said anything. I am a pretty saavy surfer and was annoyed to no end with
he overwrought navigation. Not too long ago the ill-fated boo.com was
singled out as a bad example of e-commerce. Too much ooh-ahh. While Barney's
isn't an e-commerce site, it serves somewhat the same purpose (basically an
online catolog) and there's no way in hell I'd try to navigate through this
thing to find clothes.

Sorry if this is sacreligious to pick on praystation's work, but, well,
yuck.

flasher is generously supported by...
World Animation Celebration - Big Internet Animation Pow Wow Discount Offer

Register before May 25 mention flasher and save 25%!! www.wacfest.com

Be discovered, get a job or have your web series picked up. A big talent search for Shockwave
and Flash animators is happening May 30-June 4 in Hollywood. Featuring Rob Burgess, Matt
Groening, Brad Bird and more. www.wacfest.com