Subject: Re: FLASH: [OT] Solutions for 1 1/5 hr Speech to Web
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 1998 20:17:43 +0000 (GMT)

At 08:41 AM 11/2/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Doing a favor for a friend -
>

>Friend has 2 speeches - one's 1 1/2 hours, one's 1 hour and change -
>very huge files, obviously.
>
>Friend does not have RealServer / no budget for this.
>
>It's all just recorded speech, I recorded at 22 MHz / 8 bit sound / Mono
>with SoundForge. I've exported QuickTime files and they're 47 MB and 39
>MB, respectively. (This was with Adobe Premiere)
>
>What is the BEST / QUICKEST / DIRTIEST solution for putting these up on
>the web.
> Joe

No animation? RealAudio is the way to go. If your friend's server doesn't
have it, I suggest he get an ISP that does. If it's a short-term site, he
could run it on a trial membership with AOL.

Marc Hoffman

View my Flash3 work: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog/sampler>.
Play a virtual marimba: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog>.
Find out where my band performs: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog/littlebird>.
Complain about self-promoting email signatures:
<marchofatjps [dot] net (subject: complaint) (mailto:marchofatjps [dot] net?subject=complaint)>