Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash Games
From: David Gary
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 00:52:57 +0000 (GMT)

Dorian Nisinson wrote:

> Flash Brasil
> The Interverse site had to be pulled off the web because a company
> already owned the name Interverse and was giving me a hard time about
> it. I think they didn't really have the rights to the name but I didn't
> want the hassle at the time.

Hiya Dorian,

YOu can call the trademark office and find out what library near you has the
latest "registered trademark" or latest "pending trademark" CD. If that name is
not registered
or pending they really have no legal support to stop you from using the name.
Maybe a little discrepency if your content is similar to theirs and they been
using that name for quit some time as a service or TM. But they really have no
ownership without registration.
Remember, Trademark and copyright are 2 different things.

> I still have the Flash 2 version of the
> game and am reworking it in Flash 3 with a new name. It will be called
> FlashLand.

Sorry, I've already registerd that name!,...(hey just kidding).

-DG-