Subject: FLASH: processor occupancy tests?
From: David Gary
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 22:55:24 +0000 (GMT)

hiya Flashers, MM,

Does anyone happen to know what chokes a processor more when tweening?
Scale or shape?

Say I have a square and I tween it to a smaller square. Since shape or scale

tweens can have the same effect here, what is harder on the processor?

No lines are used to calculate, just fill color.

Also, someone brought up a good issue, why does flash take up so much
processor
occupancy anyway? Even our 266's are choked when animating even small
detailed objects.
I know 266s arent the fastest but, I still consider them the "fast" norm.

Why do other animations, including screensavers, other animation apps, etc,
run much smoother and dont require as much processor occupancy as FLash?

Thanks for anyone who has investigated this or anyone who reps in this area
for MM,

-DG-