Subject: Re: FLASH: My Rebuttal (Sickend by this)
From: Rob w, Current Marketing
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 16:52:04 +0000 (GMT)

Bill might want to subscribe to the list in digest form, if he isn't already. That way you skip what you don't want to read, and you aren't inundated every few minutes with a desperate cry for help.

Another useful suggestion (for someone else other than me, because I don't have these skills) might be to create a searchable archive of the Flasher digests. I think that designers who can't find what they need in the manuals feel they have little other recourse than to turn to this list, and if they could do a keyword search in an archive, it would alleviate some of the unnecessary traffic. Of course, there will always be the wiseguy who refuses to use the available resources, but such persons should suffer swift and terrible retribution.

On Thu, Nov 5, 1998, 8:41:27 PM GMT flasher-digest wrote:
>Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 10:41:31 -0800
>From: Alan Prather <alanpratheratcsi [dot] com>
>Subject: Re: FLASH: My Rebuttal (Sickend by this)
>
>Hi Bill,
>
>You do have a strong point about Flash having far more potential than is being
>used. I'd like to see more use of Javascript to increase the interactive
>possibilities of flash.
>BUT:
>How dare you insult people who use the list for help? This is indeed a flash
>developers list,
>hence we the developers gather together to help each other DEVELOP. This is
>often by trading methods and knowledge (Helping with problems.)
>If we are going to tell the whole world about 'our hardships' in the workplace
>and how "SELF MADE"
>we are....guess what Bill:
>When I was 17, I was a programmer in Carnegie Mellon's AI/mobile robotics
>lab....And I have wrote AI code (I think) is still USED today at CMU,
>MIT..Ohio
>State et al.....
>blah blah...SO WHAT. It doesn't apply to Flash.
>
>But I am happy to say I have asked some really simple questions on this list,
>and the things that others had to learn the hard way, I can save hours of work
>and frustration...
>AND then, when they have a problem in an area I KNOW....I help them back...In
>the end
>we ARE all BETTER Developers....Our little list works.
>
>I learned the caveats of x86 ASM only Because of a list I was on, And then
>helped others months later with the same problems I had encountered before,
>
>That's my two cents. I am aware that perhaps the tone of this message might be
>over-reacting a bit, but I know what I know today because of lists like
>this....

>- -Alan Prather
>

>Bill Wagner wrote:
>

>- --- A bunch of Horse Crap that I deleted.

****
Robert Womack
New Media Director
CurrentMarketing
v.502.589.3567
f.502.586.6448
e [dot] rob_watcurrentmarketing [dot] com