Subject: Re: FLASH: Underscore
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 1998 18:32:14 +0000 (GMT)

At 01:46 PM 11/7/98 +0100, you wrote:

>Thanks Marc, that was very revealing ! But I didn't need you to explain the
>word - I was curious how the underscore relates to targeting movie levels ?
>I hope this is not a too obvious question ?
>
>Thanks very much !
>Chris

Okay, Chris -- not too obvious at all, in fact it's an example of
documentation missing from the MM manual.

Let's say you want a button on the main movie level (level 0) to tell a
movie you've loaded on a higher level (say, level 2) to go to frame
"fadein." You use Tell Target to achieve this, and your button action will
refer to the level of the higher movie, not the name of that movie. Example:

On Mouse Event (Release)
Begin Tell Target _level2
go to and play frame label: fadein
End Tell Target
End Mouse Event

Marc Hoffman

View my Flash3 work: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog/sampler>.
Play a virtual marimba: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog>.
Find out where my band performs: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog/littlebird>.
Complain about self-promoting email signatures:
<marchofatjps [dot] net (subject: complaint) (mailto:marchofatjps [dot] net?subject=complaint)>