Subject: Re: FLASH: extract sounds
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 1998 05:10:43 +0000 (GMT)

At 09:41 PM 11/7/98 -0500, you wrote:

>However I tried it and then when I tried to open it in Win sound recorder it
>didnt recognize the file format even though it was wav. (Win95). Ill try
it in
>Cool edit Mon on my other system, but I would like to know why sound recorder
>wont read it. Any clues? Is there a certain setting I should export as?
>
>It gives a "not a valid Wav sound file" error.
>

>-DG-

Hi, David,

I just learned of this myself in looking for an answer to Mike's question
(I was actually looking for an export to QT or AVI, thinking he could then
extract the sound portion). So the only testing I did was with sounds from
the Flash sounds library. When I exported, I accepted the default export
setting, which was 16-bit, 22kHz sampling rate. I then tested it in
Windows, so Sound Recorder opened it fine. If you look in Sound Recorder
under File>Properties>Convert you can see the bit rate and sample rate
parameters. Bit rate can be 8- or 16-bit. Sample can be 8k, 11k, 22k, or
44k (rounded off). But there is more than one type of .wav format, so your
problem could be there, too. Definitely try CoolEdit and please let us
know what you find. Also please post the sample and bit rates for your
Flash sounds and also the kind of .wav files they are. Thanks.

Marc Hoffman

View my Flash3 work: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog/sampler>.
Play a virtual marimba: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog>.
Find out where my band performs: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog/littlebird>.
Complain about self-promoting email signatures:
<marchofatjps [dot] net (subject: complaint) (mailto:marchofatjps [dot] net?subject=complaint)>