Subject: Re: FLASH: Linux Plug-in
From: John Dowdell
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 21:36:37 +0000 (GMT)

At 3:57 PM 11/6/98, Laura Mollett wrote:
> I want this more than any of the enhancements I have seen suggested
> (even though there are many I'd like) for the next version.

Just a reminder that Linux advocates are trying to collect signatures on a
petition for such a change in engineering resources... you can find it at:
http://www.linuks.ukpost.com/advocacy/shockwave.html

Also, Olivier Debon has been using the Open SWF specification to create a
Linux-specific Flash player... more info at:
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Labyrinth/5084/flash.html

Also note that, if you need to create sites today for people who are on
minority platforms, that the Flash Java Player can be successfully used
with the 2.0 feature set.

tx,
jd

Private email options: http://www.macromedia.com/support/priority.html