Subject: Re: FLASH: Syncing looped audio with effect
From: Paulus Trisnadi
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 15:34:35 +0000 (GMT)

Hi all. I just contacted the MM TechSupport and the bottom line is:
No, it is not something that Flash can do. At least not for now. And, you
can put up to 8 Envelope Handles per channels.
Thanks for the reply, Erik.

>I once read that that it's possible, but only remember you had to set a
>loop to "stream" (but it was more than that, of course)- it will force the
>movie to keep up with the loop. I've unsucessfully tried a few variations
>on this, none seem to work ... let me know if you figure it out - I'm very
>interested in the answer if there is one.
>
>>I am having a difficult time creating looped audio with effect. The problem
>>is that I want the audio to be a background audio that looped, say, 100
>>times. If I use Flash's audio effect, that means I have to do the effect
>>manually 1000 times. If I use Flash code to do the looping ("Go To 1 and
>>Play"), every now and then the file has a lag in time, especially played in
>>slower computers.
>>
>>For your info, I am using several small audio in a file, in which each
>>individual file is treated differently with the Audio Property's Effect. Is
>>there a solution to my problem? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Paulus Trisnadi <paulusatmonkey [dot] com (mailto:paulusatmonkey [dot] com)>

Interaction Engineer
MONKEYmedia - Austin & San Francisco
(512) 440-8000, 440-1050 fax
<http://www.monkey.com/>