Subject: RE: FLASH: Blurring?
From: Franzese, Chris
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 22:43:06 +0000 (GMT)

I achieved a text blur by sequencing bitmaps but with some
modifications.
I found that by stretching the blurred bitmap, fading a flash version of
the text placed on top, and also fading the stretched bitmap, I could
achieve a combination which gave a nice blur effect, but only required
one or two bitmaps to be sent over the wires. I got three or four frames
per bitmap.

Note: Because this technique uses bitmaps, animation can be slow on low
proccessor speeds. It does however do something to address the file size
issue.

Chistopher Franzese
Designer, K2 Design
phone. 212.301.8824