Subject: Re: FLASH: Internet Explorer Question
From: Eric_R
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 18:01:28 +0000 (GMT)

"LUKASZ K. LYSAKOWSKI" wrote:

> I have one qustion to ask, hopefully it will be a simple answer.
> I just created a flash piece using flash3. I used aftershock2
> to write the html and then I uploaded it to my account. Here
> is where the problem starts. The piece runs with Netscape but
> it will not run with Internet Explorer.

I have the same problems. But I think (and I'm not suprised) that it's more a
platform issue than a plugin or your file.

Mac IE3 and 4 do not work well with Shockwave. All other combos are great.

You might want a script that pushes the user to a corrected page. But then,
of course, IE does not see java the way it should.

I think you're fine. The market of IE Mac users are small.

Here's what I did for my company's site. Look at it with IE3-4 on Mac, and
let me know. It should show an image to click so you go to a page which does
not look for plugins or ActiveX-Java. Just assumes you have the plug in.

Hope that know this helps, even though there is no fix.

http://www.wingspan.com/

ER