Subject: FLASH: CDs, FSCommands, and BATs
From: Rey, Chrissy
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 18:33:54 +0000 (GMT)

I just burned a copy of my own CD, which utilizes the Exec BAT trick... The movie that calls the BAT file is a bit down the road from the start of the whole thing, and it couldn't seem to find the BAT file when it came time (yes, it was all in the same directory, just not the root directory of the CD!). When I moved the movies and the BAT to the CD's root directory (changed the BAT file to reflect the moved files as well) it seemed to work just fine, but now I'm confused and full of questions... Do the movies calling such BATs need to be in the root directory of the CD? Does the BAT? Is it possible that my movie didn't open the BAT because it wasn't on level 0? Is there some sort of rhyme or reason to this insanity?!?

And yes, it is my goal to learn everything there is to know about making CDs with Flash by the end of this year! *cackle*

Chrissy Rey
Web Developer
United States Trustee Program
chrissy [dot] reyatusdoj [dot] gov

P.S. I WILL have that web site up with all the CD info I've collected ASAP... I just need some free time :-) If you just *have* to know how to make a BAT file right now at this very moment, check out http://www.erols.com/artemisian.cd/bat.html (it doesn't include information on my latest discovery, yet)