Subject: FLASH: help with actions/preloading movies
From: oneild
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 23:23:58 +0000 (GMT)

I have some basic questions about some of the actions in Flash.
Basically, I'm having problems figuring out how and when to use "If
Frame is Loaded," "Load Movie," "Tell Target," and "FS Command." I know
we all have busy development schedules, so if anyone could just point me
to online resources, tutorials, sample Flash files, etc. I'd be very
grateful. While the Macromedia Flash help files and lessons are
generally excellent, I haven't found much help on these specific
matters.

I'm developing a site right now that will be completely in Flash (with
some Director Shockwave thrown in). I'd like to be able to link to a
specific scene in one movie from another movie--I assume this is what
"Tell Target" is for--but I'm not clear on how to do it. Also, I'm dying
to know how to load an entire movie--or even a series of movies--before
playing it (while displaying a looping animation). I've seen this
technique again and again in most Flash movies, but I'm not clear how to
do it (is the animation a separate stub movie?).

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Best wishes,
Daniel
Developer, Academy of Electronic Media