Subject: Re: FLASH: mouse over Problem
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 15:31:24 +0000 (GMT)

At 08:02 AM 11/20/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Can anyone help? I have a simple button that when you roll over it a 5 frame
>animation runs and then stops, however when i click the button the animation
>runs again. Can i stop this happening at all.
>
>(The animation is a movie clip with a stop action at the end which is placed
>into the over state of the button)
>
>Thanks
>hayden

Hi Hayden.

Most likely you have not deleted the clip from the Down state. Create a
keyframe there, and delete the movie clip so that it appears only in the
over state. If you want the clip to show (but not play) in Down, create
the keyframe with the clip in it, double-click the instance of the clip on
stage (for that keyframe), and change its property from movie clip to
graphic. It will then display only the first frame (unless you designate a
different frame in the Instance Properties dialogue box).

Marc Hoffman

View my Flash3 work: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog/sampler>.
Play a virtual marimba: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog>.
Find out where my band performs: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog/littlebird>.
Complain about self-promoting email signatures:
<marchofatjps [dot] net (subject: complaint) (mailto:marchofatjps [dot] net?subject=complaint)>